Friday, February 21, 2014

after 2 years...i'm back!!

I've done some thinking...and had some persuading from my old readers...and I've decided to come back to blogging.  There is an awful lot I need to catch up on, and I will get to that...eventually.  

The biggest reason I'm back? Well, we're adding to our family!  Baby Sawyer #4 is on its way!!  I know a lot of you are really surprised by this so I'd thought I would answer some questions I know you're *dying* to ask! 

When is Baby Sawyer #4 due?

September 5th!!

How have I been feeling?

Terrible!! This has by far been the worst morning sickness I've had in any pregnancy.  With the other kids I remember feeling nauseous on and off...but this one started at 6 weeks and I felt nauseous all. day. long. Woke up feeling sick. Went to bed feeling sick. Never threw up, but wanted to because I think I'd actually feel better!! Only time I felt good was when I was sleeping!! And I have been just exhausted! My house has seen better days as most days I only managed to get my kids and myself out of bed. And fed. And that'd about all I did during the day! 
Thankfully in the last few days I have taken a turn for the better...although not before succumbing to the stomach flu earlier this week! 

Were we planning this? 

This is the first question I have been asked 99% of the time after we tell people! So funny. I think it's because most people thought we were done...I mean three is a good number. We thought so too, for awhile...and then God changed our minds. Well, He actually changed Shaun's mind because I have always wanted at least four kids but Shaun was very done at three! 
We talked about it last summer and decided to pray about it...honestly I had been foolish for awhile and thought I had "control" over how many kids we had. I assumed that if we "tried" it would definitely happen and therefore it would have been our choice and not God's. I know that sounds so silly now that I am putting it into words. But since we conceived so quickly with Natalie, and Landon and Koen were both "oopsies" (that we are SO very thankful for!!) I thought that it would happen immediately and that scared me because I didn't want to have another child unless God wanted us to have another child!  We also have been tossing around the idea of adoption...so...we prayed.  And decided to "see what would happen"...which basically means I thought about nothing else and tracked everything!! And then...I got my period. Huh?! Didn't I have control of this? So...we tried another month. And, I got my period again. What were we doing wrong?? 
Somewhere in the middle of all this God revealed to me that I have no control. He is the Creator and author of life!  God's Word makes it so clear that He opens and closes the womb...He gives and takes life. All things are under His sovereignty, and if He planned for us to have another child, it would be in a His will! Okay, Lord...we trust You...
December came and I had the biggest cupcake order yet (800 cupcakes! More on that later...) and life just got busy. We decided to just really not worry about it...and of course, that is when it happened!  
So all that to say...yes...we planned...we tried...and we are blessed to be adding another child to our family!! 

Any food aversions and/or cravings? 

So far the only thing I cannot stand is coffee...which is nothing new. Just like every other pregnancy! This morning I actually made myself a cup (first time in 6 weeks!) and I had a few sips. Which is a miracle because before this even the smell of coffee on someone's breath made me gag!  No real cravings yet...although I do find if I don't eat regularly I feel sick or like I'm going to bite someone's head off!  Dangerous...so I'm trying to make wise choices...sometimes successfully...other times not! 

Are we going to find out what we are having? 

I don't think so!  We didn't find out with the first two and then found out with Koen...and honestly I loved the surprise at the end just so much better than finding out beforehand.  That's what we say right now, anyways. :) 

Here's a picture...I am showing MUCH earlier this time around.  I actually think the baby is just pushing all my fat out, but nonetheless I can't suck it in any longer!  

Baby Sawyer #4 at 12 weeks...

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yahoo to baby #4 and blogging again!! Super excited that another adorable Sawyer is on the way!

Team AC said...

Yay, so glad you posted again, and great FAQs. Totally what I was wondering. Sooo happy for you.
I'd love to hear about how your whole cupcake thing came about and how it's going... by the sounds of it (800 in Dec), it's going very well.
~Corinna

Donnie Ewald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

sorry, I was logged in wrong!

anyway- congrats and all that confetti!

Hope that sickness goes away now that you are headed into the second trimester. xox

Lovella ♥ said...

Welcome back! I had just checked last week to see if you were blogging again and read your last post and thought about all that has changed in your family since then.

May God bless this child. Every baby is a blessing and your baby is especially blessed to have such a loving family waiting to meet it.

You look great!

Anonymous said...

I am SO EXCITED you are back! Especially now that you have a new blessing coming! Congrats again!

Danna said...

Well, I too am THRILLED for you both. I mean all! 4 is great too! ;-) Thankful that you are blogging again also. I know that you are busy. Hope the morning sickness goes away and the rest of the pregnancy will be uneventful, as in healthy. Take care and can't wait to read more about what is going on over there! :-)

Melissa said...

Glad that you are back! Such great news and so glad that you will be blogging about it. Gods blessings on you and this new adventure He has given to your family!

Anneliese said...

I'm happy to see baby #4 will get some blog coverage as well! May God bless you with joy, health and energy in this pregnancy. This baby will have no lack of arms waiting to hold it! Love, mom

Monika Thiessen said...

Congrats, again! So excited for you. You will do an awesome job as a mom of 4! I realized that this will be the first baby of yours that I will get to meet in the hospital (at least that's my plan).

Dolly said...

Congratulations, Kristal! So exciting for you and Shaun! Pray that everything will go well! Miss seeing you and your family around.... blessings to you!!

Jeana said...

Kristal, you are so beautiful! Inside and out. Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on baby #4!

Beck's Bulletin said...

i'm so glad you are back Kristal! I love reading blogs and they are so much more informative than just the facebook single lines.....and congrats on the new addition!! The more the merrier as far as I am concerned! We always wanted 4 so I am always very excited when others get to have 4!